EMERGENCY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
Coverage is only available to consumers starting 48 hours following enrollment by their supplying NAPA AUTOPRO service centre. To confirm your enrollment, contact your servicing NAPA AUTOPRO centre.
Out of fuel? Need a boost? Locked your keys in your car? Whatever your situation and available in Canada or the US, our NAPA Roadside Assistance program is there for you. We’re on-call anytime day or night, ready to assist you. Its 6 months of comprehensive coverage and the extra peace-of-mind you need when you’re on the road!
NAPA EMERGENCY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The NAPA Emergency Roadside Assistance Program (“Program”) is made available exclusively through authorized NAPA AUTOPRO and NAPA AutoCare service facilities (“NAPA service centre”) in Canada only.
The Program is made available to licensed vehicle owners of a qualifying vehicle and who are regular service customers of any participating and authorized NAPA service centre. The suggested retail price of the
Program is a maximum of $19.99 however; NAPA service centres may offer this to you for less. Participation in the Program is subject to the terms, exclusions, conditions, restrictions, and limitations outlined below.
How it Works
Congratulations! Once your supplying NAPA service centre has successfully registered your vehicle, We’ve Got You Covered for Emergency Roadside Services for up to 6 months! TO ACCESS NAPA’S EMERGENCY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE ANYTIME CALL: 1-866-GET-NAPA (1-866-438-6272) Services include:
• If your vehicle is within 40kms, it will be towed back to your original NAPA service centre OR, in the event there is no authorized NAPA service centre within 40kms, to another fully licensed service and repair facility or to the original vehicle manufacturers’ nearest dealer.
• Dead battery? No problem! We’ll be there with a jump start!
• Keys locked inside your car? We’ll get them out! (Key replacement not included.)
Out of Fuel
• Run out of gas? We’ll deliver up to 10 litres of fuel to you! (Cost of gas and other fluids not included. See below.)
Flat Tire Change
• Road side flat? We’ll be there to change to your spare!
WHAT TO DO IF YOU REQUIRE EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE:
• You can call our toll-free number 24/7 however, your access to no-charge emergency services does not come into effect until 48 hours following your NAPA service centre has completed the registration of your vehicle. You must call 1-866-438-6272. Our operators will transfer you through to Club Auto Roadside Service Ltd., our contracted dispatch service centre, to arrange for assistance.
What if my NAPA service centre failed to register my vehicle for coverage?
In the event that your supplying NAPA service centre, who offered this coverage to you, failed to properly or complete the registration on your vehicle OR that your vehicle is in-eligible for coverage under this Program or that we cannot locate your vehicle’s registration on file, emergency roadside services will not be denied to you, however, you may be required to pay the dispatched emergency service provider on-site and then seek reimbursement directly from the NAPA service centre that offered this coverage to you. In every instance, any reimbursement that may be considered by the NAPA service centre that offered this coverage to you will require presentation of an original service invoice. Upon presentation of an original service invoice and verification in the NAPA service centres sole discretion that these services were offered to you, the NAPA service centre will provide reimbursement to you to a maximum of $75.00 on the first occurrence only unless otherwise agreed to between you and the NAPA service centre.
Does the service cover me or my vehicle?
The services available are registered to your vehicle – not to you. No matter who may be driving your vehicle, services will be dispatched to the registered vehicle on file.
Does my vehicle qualify?
Eligible vehicles include all passenger cars and light duty trucks used for regular daily transportation and not exceeding 3600kg’s in gross vehicle weight Commercial vehicles including fleet and heavy duty vehicles, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, farm, racing and off-road vehicles are not eligible. Note: Vehicles which have been modified from original equipment may be subject to additional owner charges if special equipment is required to provide services under this Program. E.g. lowered vehicles, raised vehicles, aftermarket spoilers etc.
Will I receive a confirmation of my activation?
If you have provided your NAPA service centre with your email address then yes! Following your NAPA service centre’s completion of your registration including your email address, a confirmation of coverage will be sent directly to you!
When does my coverage start and end?
Coverage period starts 48 hours following the date of your NAPA service centre’s completed registration and will continue for 6 full consecutive months or for up to 3 separate usages within any 6-month term – whichever occurs first.
How often can I use these services?
You can use the service up to three (3) times during your 6-month coverage period.
Am I required to pay for any services or coverage under this Program?
Only in the event that:
• Your vehicle is ineligible for coverage pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Program.
• Your NAPA service centre offered this coverage to you but failed to properly register your vehicle for coverage.
• Any fuel or fluids that are delivered to you or for any key replacement.
• You request a tow greater than 40kms. Excess mileage charges (over 40kms) vary by Province, but will in no instance exceed $3.50 per kilometer. In the event you are charged more than the rates prescribed above, NAPA will reimburse you the difference with sufficient proof.
What is the coverage area?
NAPA’s Emergency Roadside Services are available 24/7 anywhere in North America excluding Nunavut and Hawaii.
What do you use my NAPA service centre supplied information for?
Exclusions, Restrictions and Limitations of Liability and Service
The NAPA Emergency Roadside Assistance Program can only be offered or sold to you by an authorized and participating automotive service centre displaying the marks NAPA AUTOPRO or NAPA AutoCare in Canada. The Program is available to consumers that are registered in advance by their supplying NAPA service centre only. In the event that your supplying NAPA service centre failed to register your vehicle for coverage in advance of you calling to request any listed services, or that your coverage period has yet to start or that the vehicle is ineligible, emergency roadside services will still be available to you, however, you may be required to pay the dispatched emergency service provider on-site directly and then seek reimbursement from the NAPA service centre that offered this coverage to you. UAP Inc. / NAPA Canada (NAPA) and NAPA’s Program Administrator, Matthew Scott Marketing, assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever for services provided including consequential or incidental costs or for reimbursement of services provided to any consumer or consumers vehicle that is ineligible for coverage or that was not properly registered by their NAPA service centre a minimum of 48 hours in advance of request for services. All services are supplied by Club Auto Roadside Services Ltd. and available in most areas of Continental North America excluding Nunavut and Hawaii. For greater certainty, the services available under NAPA’s Emergency Roadside Assistance Program do not include, or are limited by, or subject to:
• Winch outs, ditch tows, extrication or accident recovery.
• Commercial vehicles including fleet vehicles and/or vehicles in excess of 3600kg’s, recreational vehicles, farm, racing or off-road vehicles are not eligible.
• Roadside tire change will be performed only when the emergency spare designed for the vehicle is pre-mounted on a rim, safe for use and available with the vehicle. Dual-wheeled vehicles are exceptioned from this service.
• Vehicles requiring a tow which have been modified from original equipment may be subject to additional charges for flat bed or special services.
• Usage is limited to three (3) occasions during any 6-month coverage period which commences 48 hours following registration by the supplying NAPA service centre.
• Towing is limited to 40kms. Vehicles requiring a tow will be taken to the original NAPA service centre that registered this ERA Program if within 40kms. In the event the original registering NAPA service centre is more than 40kms away, the vehicle will be taken to the next nearest NAPA authorized warranty centre when available or the nearest fully-licensed service centre or the vehicles original manufacturer dealer.
• Excess towing mileage charges apply if you request a tow greater than 40kms. If a NAPA authorized warranty centre is greater than 40kms from the inoperative vehicle requiring a tow, we reserve the right to tow the vehicle to the closest licensed general repair facility or vehicle manufacturer’s dealership. Excess mileage charges vary by Province and are subject to the on-site service providers’ discretion.
• Service does not include the cost of gasoline, fluids or key replacement. The cost of regular fuel will at no time be greater than 5% from the then posted retail cost of regular octane gasoline. In the event you are charged more than the rate prescribed above, NAPA will reimburse you the difference with sufficient proof.
• Transporting disabled vehicle operators and their passengers to or from their disabled vehicle or transporting such persons after any service has been rendered.
• Accepting appointments for service calls.
• Cost of parts, labour or incidental or consequential expenses related to repair of the vehicle under any circumstances are not covered UNLESS the cost of parts or repairs are eligible for coverage under NAPA’s 12 month / 20,000km Limited Peace of Mind Warranty. For complete terms and conditions including eligibility you may be entitled to under NAPA’s 12 month / 20,000km Limited Peace of Mind Warranty, please visit www.napaautopro.com or www.napaautocare.ca or call us toll free at 1-866-438-6272 anytime Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST.
• A vehicle which is abandoned, unlicensed, unplated or to be towed to a salvage yard.
• Any charges relating to impounding and storage.
• Service to a vehicle driven into an area not regularly travelled or which is impassable (e.g. private recreational roads, mud driveways, laneways or beaches).
• Service to a vehicle located in snowbound areas (we will not shovel snow to access any vehicle or provide service to any vehicle located in an unplowed driveway).
• Any consumer that is deemed, in NAPA’s sole discretion, to be abusing the Services or using them for other than their intended purposes of providing emergency roadside assistance will be automatically cancelled from further coverage.
• Repeated service calls for a vehicle, which in the opinion of NAPA, requires maintenance or repairs.
• Delays are sometimes unavoidable due to heavy demands for service. Under such circumstances, NAPA reserves the right to initially tow to the nearest repair facility/service centre and after the heavy demand is over, will tow the Eligible Vehicle to the NAPA service centre that registered coverage or to the next nearest authorised NAPA service centre in which case all towing shall be treated as one service call. If the Vehicle is already in a safe place,
such as a private or public garage, driveway, etc., NAPA reserves the right to service the Eligible Vehicle only after the heavy demand is over. NAPA shall service the Eligible Vehicle as soon as possible and in any event no later than 2 days from the time service is requested. NAPA reserves the right to cancel this Program at any time without notice however, qualifying vehicles that have been pre-registered any time prior to any cancellation date or notice by NAPA will continue to receive full benefit of their stated coverage for the remainder of their coverage term as measured from 48 hours following the date of activation by their supplying NAPA service centre.
© NAPA Canada / UAP Inc. 2015. NAPA, NAPA AUTOPRO and NAPA AutoCare are registered marks.
All rights reserved.